Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Who can resist this face?






This stamp, made by Third Coast Rubber Stamps is one of my favorites! I've used this precious puppy stamp to make cards for Valentines Day , Birthdays, 'Sorry I'm Late' Cards and 'Get Well cards.
The shading is done with what's commonly known as the 'Gamesol Technique'. Any low odor turpentine or solvent will work. I use 'Sans Odor' by Winsor& Newton, PrismaColor Pencils and Blending 'Stumps' to blend.
After stamping the image with a permanent ink such as Staz On by Tsukineko, I lay a fairly heavy layer of color next to the outline, or wherever I feel should be a bit deeper shading, then dip my stump into the solvent (being careful not to get it too wet) and pull the color away from the line. I find this works great with 110 pound cardstock as well as watercolor paper.

No comments: