Monday, December 8, 2008

All kinds of Tidbits of interesting information

Our Stamp Barn order has arrived. I've had several stampers ask me to bring in stamps from this Canadian Company, and I've placed an order that arrived today. In the online Catalog (Photo Bucket site) I generally put all of the new products in the 'New Products, Just Arrived' album, but there were so many, I put them directly into the Stamp Barn Catalog. These can be found if you look under 'unmounted rubber stamps - Stamp Barn-mounted on EZ mount' The nice thing about these stamps, is they are mounted on EZ mount and ready to go...you don't have to mount them. I have to say...there's something to be said for instant gratification.

Today, while placing an order with one of my suppliers, I found out that Spellbinders didn't drop their plans to put out the Pierceabilities. I received a notice from my suppliers that Spellbinders, after many problems with the Pierceabilities decided to recall them all, and weren't going to release them again. Apparently they are going to work out the kinks in packaging now, and they'll be released in March....so all of us who are fans of Spellbinders, who wanted the Pierceabilites (borders) and thought it was a 'no go' will be happy to learn, we're 'back in business' so to speak.....I notified each of you who ordered from me, informing you that they were going to be a 'no go', well, I'm pleased to tell you we're 'on again'. If you read this, please contact me.

The Shimmerz Paints, Limited Edition Blingz paints will arrive in Medicine Hat, Alberta next week. I expect them to arrive Wednesday or Thursday. Those of you who placed pre-orders can expect an email from me letting you know they've arrived. I personally can't wait! That Spiced Cider Shimmerz Paint and Pink Poinsettia has been calling to me from afar! I have such plans for them. I got a chance to work on some Christmas cards two nights ago, (I know, I know....it will be Easter before I get my cards finished....it's been so hectic here)...but, I used the Shimmerz paints on some of my cards!....I really enjoyed using them. I did find that some of them were 'thinner' than others, (actually, it was the Silver Bells)....I thought it wasn't going to make a difference to the Silver Snowflake (Provo Craft's Ice Crystal embossing die) that I was painting it on...when it dried, I was amazed! It did make a difference, it was 'shimmerzy'! I was really surprised, because while I was painting it, it really didn't look like anything was 'happening' I was Wrong! You do have to stir it often. (more often than the other colors I think--at least I did)

I'm a recycle-er....I keep anything that looks like it may have potential.....I had some foil 'lids from Take out Chinese food'....no, I didn't use the 'used lids', I had bought some at the Superstore wareshouse, because I wanted the foil containers, so had all these great shiny silver 'foil' lids.....I also had been given a gift box, out of a matte silver cardboard....hey, that definitely can be used for something....so, I saved them all and had a blast the other night.
On the foil take-out lids, after running through the Big Shot/Cuttlebug (I admit, I use both of depends on which one I'm standing closer to.....)The Snowflake was Great!! Then I used Ranger's Stickles. You need a brighter, glitzier look on those....Shimmerz wouldn't show, unless you were using a different color.

But, on the cardstock, (plain, ordinary cardstock), that's where the Shimmerz made the impact!
The 'ho-hum' cardstock was no longer 'ho-hum' I used the paints coordinating with the colors of cardstock, and they added that little extra special 'zing'....Lots of shimmer (of course, as those who know me, know....I LOVE shimmer, glitz, sparkle and glitter...so, anything that adds shimmer and shine and that extra 'spark' to my work, I'm going to love it. I know I've said it before, I think I'm part 'crow'....actually, the other night someone compared my love of glitz and glitter to a magpie......I didn't know they liked shiny things.....hmmmm.

Now, totally off that topic...well, not really, it shines too...The Versamark Dazzle Ink pads and Inkers are scheduled to arrive next week. Those of you who placed orders will be hearing from me as soon as they arrive.
Anyone wanting to order Shimmerz paints, Versamark Dazzles ink pads or inkers, or any items that you haven't been able to find at your local Stamp store, please leave a comment, with your email address, and I'll contact you. or you can find ordering information and email address on our online catalog's front page.
Thanks for visiting, and If this is rather disjointed, I apologize....I'm in a hurry, but I wanted you to know what was going on at Integrity Designs Rubber Stamps & Paper Crafts!
Later
Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Connie Fossenier said...

Oh goodie, more goodies to arrive..You shall be one busy gal.
connie paxman