Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Beautiful Project -hand crafted handbag and Tim Holtz die important information

I've finally got all of the Tim Holtz Alterations dies and embossing folders in the Integrity Designs Online Catalog in CHA new Releases! Just one note about them Tim Holtz's Dies can be used in most die cutting machines. These include the Cuttlebug, Sizzix Big Shot, Sizzix Big Kick, QuickKutz Epic Six. The Decorative Strips are also compatible with Sizzix Side Kick. In most of the information you'll see, it doesn't mention the Cuttlebug...But, I just found this list on Tim's site so it is accurate, and YES!! they can be used with your Cuttlebug....I'll have to go back to my online catalog and add this information!

I'm so happy to be able to show you a beautiful Handbag that I wish I could say that I made...Diana Ramsey from White Rock, British Columbia sent me a picture of the handbag that she made with Claudine Hellmuth's Sticky Backed Canvas. I love it! Diana is a very creative gal, who did a lovely job! As well as allowing me to post the pictures in my blog so you could see her handwork, she has also graciously agreed to give directions on how she made it, so you can also create your own unique handbag.
(I'm a purse/handbag freak, so this is really up my alley, LOL)

The top picture is the 'front' of the handbag and below it is a picture of the reverse side. Here are Diana's instructions for this lovely handbag.
"I cut two 12 x 12" pieces of Claudine Hellmuth's Sticky Backed Canvas down to 8 1/2" x12" and ran them through an inkjet printer using an image from my computer. Leave the release paper on the SBC (otherwise you will 'stick up' your printer). I used a bit more of the SBC than the two sheets to make the handbag. ...I used some more to add a strip to the bottom for length. I painted the 3 1/2" strips with Lumiere paint (Blue Halo Gold) to use as the side and bottom panels, and blended some of the paint into the picture panels. I colored the white edges left from the printer. Heat set the Lumiere paint. Using Matte Gel Medium and a paintbrush, I coated the PRINTED pictures to waterproof them.
I finger pressed a piece of material, cut to size of panels, for the lining (Inside pocket was already made) onto the sticky side. I machine sewed the bag panels together and added a Zipper along the top. After it was sewn together, I hand sewed a strip of lime green ribbon with beads up one side of the picture (on one panel) and then put a few jewels 'here and there', just for accent. The Lumiere paint (Halo Blue Gold) has a little bit of green in it, so it pulled the whole thing together. I had a roll of chain that was used for the strap.
I did not use a pattern - just made it up as I went along- This is just a sample to show you what you CAN do with the canvas."

If you would like to use the Sticky Backed Canvas to make a handbag of your own, and have any questions, please email me, and I'll pass them on to Diana.

I'd like to thank Diana for showing me her handbag, and for giving us the instructions.
I don't have any Claudine Hellmuth's Sticky Backed Canvas in stock, But if you'd like to make your own handbag, you can contact me, as I'll be ordering more canvas shortly within a week or two.

1 comment:

saskalon said...

Beautiful handbag! Thanks for showing us.