Tuesday, August 10, 2010

CHA Summer New Releases-Wow!

Hi...I hope you are enjoying your summer so far, and that your weather is as great as ours is...finally!!  No rain, not too hot....not too cool...just perfect!

It's hard to believe that it is August already! but it's that time again....CHA is over and so many  companies have introduced great new products.  I've had several stampers and paper crafters ask me if I'll be bringing in the new product releases....Of Course!! (who can resist so many interesting items that have so much potential)....these should keep up busy this fall and winter!

I'll be bringing in the new Tim Holtz dies, stamps and his many other products as well as the new Spellbinders nestabilities and embossing dies, Cuttlebug products and goodies from other companies, as soon as they are available.  If you are interested in any of the new products and would like to find out more, or place an order, feel free to email me. 

I've been getting a lot of questions about the new Spellbinders Nestabilities and embossing dies that were introduced at CHA, so I'm going to focus this post on them.   Many of these new nestabilities coordinate with previously released ones.  As well, there are some very unique holiday embossing dies that are scheduled to be available in August / September.  Many of these will be Limited Editions.  Spellbinders will not be making them after the holiday, so they will not be available once stock has run out.  So, if you are 'sitting on the fence' about purchasing any of the Limited Edition ones, don't sit too long, or you won't be able to get them...

Here are pictures  of a couple of the Spellbinder Halloween die sets that I think are cute...But, I have to say I'm partial to the Jack o Lanterns embossing dies.....I can't resist those faces!
As well as creating some unique Halloween Embossing dies (Shapeabilities),of course
Halloween Fence & Shapes


Witches Brew Shapeabilities




 Spellbinders has also created some winter and Christmas Nestabilities; Nested MittensHeirloom Ornament, (They one has unlimited potential!!...
I'd like to use copper Craft Foil or Tooling Foil on the Heirloom Ornament, cut  and emboss, then heat with a flame to create some great colors.....and the mittens would be so cute with some flocking.....
As well as creating  some great  Shapeabilities for Christmas, they've also released some funky 'tattoo' style die sets, Fallen Angel and  Heraldry.  I'm looking forward to getting the Antiquities set of dies....I've already got projects planned for that one....(I'd better write the ideas down, by the time I get it I won't be able to remember what I was going to do with it.....does anyone else have that problem???)
Some of the new Nestabilities have got me personally excited.....Spellbinders has created new Nestabilites that coordinate with those we already have!!  They've created Beaded Circles S4-292 and Lacey Circles S4-293 which coordinates with Standard Circles S4-114 and S4-116Beaded Ovals S4-294 coordinate with Classic Ovals; Lacy Squares S4-295 and Eyelet Squares S4-305 coordinate with Classic Squares-Small S4-128 and Classic Squares Large-S4-126.  These are just a few of the new Nestabilities that coordinate with previously released embossing dies.
They've also made Labels Fifteen S4-291 and Labels Sixteen S4-301 which coordinates with Classic Squares!  I'm happy that I'll be able to use these new Nestabilites and dies with the ones I currently own!

Because many scrapbookers and paper crafters have been asking for larger dies, Spellbinders has granted their wish. They've given us a fair number of larger Nestabilities this release!  One of them,   Labels Seventeen S5-025 is a lovely 'oversized' label that can be layered with Classic Rectangles and Classic Ovals.
They've also introduced a new line of dies.... Grand Dies.  These are Grand Standard Circles LF-114, Grand Scalloped Circles LF-114, Grand Classic Ovals LF-110 and Grand Scalloped Ovals LF-111; Grand Classic Squares LF-126 and Grand Scalloped Squares LF-127 as well as Grand Labels One LF-161 and Grand Labels Four LF-190.   All of the Grand Nestabilities can be found in my online catalog on this page  Click on each image for sizes and more information.
Now that Spellbinders has developed such large dies, they had to create a new Embossing and die cutting machine that will accommodate these large dies!  They introduced the Grand Calibur machine.The Grand Calibur  accepts 8½ x 11” paper without trimming, as well as cuts and embosses up to 8⅛.  It is expected to arrive in September.
Unfortunately the Grand Calibur machine will only cut Spellbinder's dies.   I'm disappointed with that, but, I guess I already have my Big Shot that I use for die cutting and embossing....and I love it!!  I guess if I'm going to invest in large dies, at least the Grand Calibur doesn't cost as much as the other alternative for cutting large dies.  I've been looking at another machine to do larger dies, it has a 12" platform, but it costs about $350.00 (and that is US funds)....The Grand Calibur costs less than half that price in Canadian funds.....
Can you believe this, all the new dies and nestabilities that I listed above aren't even ALL of them?  They've introduced some great Shapeabilities and nestabilities that I haven't even mentioned.  Check out Classic Diamonds and the Wonky Squares, I think you'll like them!
I'm taking pre-orders now for the New Spellbinder releases.  Because of some internet problems I've been having here, I was unable to let everyone know sooner.  For those of you that are interested in ordering the new Spellbinder Nestabilities, Shapeabilities and / or Grand Calibur die cutting machine, Please email me as soon as possible so I know how many to order.

The new ProvoCraft Cuttlebug folder sets arrived yesterday with the 'Clockworks' embossing folder that we've been waiting for!  Also, the new Scor-Buddy has arrived!  If you have ordered any of these items from me, and haven't heard from me, I'm having trouble with my business email address.  It isn't working today!   If you emailed me and haven't received a reply...this is why!!  I telephoned Telus, and was told they have a problem and a large portion of their customers are without email today and they're working on it......I guess I shouldn't complain, at least I still have internet service.....
I tried going to Telus's website to get my mail there, but that wouldn't work either...
Telus anticipates the problem being fixed within 24 hours...Please keep your fingers crossed that they're right!  I didn't realize how dependent my business was on my email....For those of you who have placed orders, I will not be sending out orders without contacting you first with the total cost including postage.
Have a super day!







1 comment:

Beth Pingry said...

The new Grand Calibur will cut all the low profile dies on the market, including Quickutz, Cuttlebug, Sizzlets, etc. It will not cut Original Sizzix sized dies.