Saturday, September 6, 2008

Have you heard?? There is a new Versamark Ink !

How many of you have heard that there are two...yup, not one, but TWO new inks in the Versamark family! (or am I the only one who hasn't heard?! Tsukineko has developed an elegant, shimmery version of our good old stand-by..Versamark....and wow, does it sound great!
The new Ink pads are Called Versamark Dazzle...they combined all of the great qualities of the original Versamark that we love, with an added shimmer! The result of this combination will give your paper projects a touch of Elegance. The Two colors are Dazzle Frost, and Dazzle Champagne....
These inks are ideal for embossing....and Tskukineko suggests that you stamp with Versamark Dazzle on Glossy Paper, and heat set. Then brayer over with Memento Dye inks...The results will be a Shimmering Resist effect! (same as the resist technique, but instead of the image being 'plain' it will be 'shimmering'...(I was going to say shimmery...but I don't think that's a word, lol) I can just see them used on Dark Cardstock, stamped with a bold image stamp...something like a paisley with 'heavy' lines.... for an elegant background..They are Water based, acid free and Archival....what else can you ask for, Smiles....
Now I haven't seen them, (but I'm ordering from Tsukineko this weekend, and you can be sure I'm bringing some of these babies in! Generally I try new inks before I commit myself to purchasing (and selling) them. But to be honest, Tsukineko has such a great history for consistently producing high quality inks, that we all love, so I think I'm just going to order several right away. I've never tried an ink from Tsukineko that I wasn't thrilled with...I'm a huge fan of their Versa magic (Chalk inks). I love that their color palette for the chalk inks coordinate...like the Ranger Adirondack line....That way your aren't searching through all of the ink pads you own, looking for just the right shade/hue of color to go with what you've stamped...
I'm digressing...sorry...
These new Versamark Dazzle ink pads / inkers cost a little more than other Versamark ink...but then, it doesn't have a 'sheen' ....But, I think the results will definitely be worth it....It will be interesting to see what techniques stampers come up with, using this ink....it is so very unusual...
Visit Tsukineko's website to see more. http://www.tsukineko.com
I'm going to be putting an order in with Tsukineko tomorrow. If anyone is interested in getting one of these ink pads, contact me for pricing, and to have me bring one in for you....


I had a couple of minutes this morning and I started playing with the Ranger Pigment inks...All I can say is WOW! I just tried the black, and it is one of the Blackest Blacks I've ever seen! The image stamped is clear, crisp and 'super' black...It is a nice, fine textured ink as well....I think this may become my favorite Pigment ink...so far, it's certainly the best black ink (pigment).....but, don't forget, I'm not including Versafine by Tsukineko in the pigment ink classification when i talk about Pigment inks. It's really a hybrid ink....dries super fast, and has such a fine texture, it is perfect for detailed stamps, like photo stamps....I'm going to try the Ranger with a photo stamp, I'll let you know what I think....

Thanks for visiting...I'm going back to the shop, I still haven't gotten all of the last order put away....It's too nice outside to be working inside ...(that is the nice thing about owning a home based business...no boss to tell you when to work...but, on the down side....to get done, I may have to work all night, lol......Winter will come quick enough...while the sun is shining, I'm going to take advantage of it....I need my dose of sunshine or I get 'dozey'...! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it, Smiles...Have a great weekend!

No comments: