Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy New Year - So many great new products....and some not so new

Hi, I'm sorry for not posting for so long. I decided to take time off over Christmas and devote my life to my family and friends, including baking and cooking.....It was a super time! Gee I love cooking and baking....and I found some deadly recipes in my searches.
I also found time to make some Christmas cards, not as many as usual, but, because of everything that went on in the past year 'health-wise', everyone understood.....Isn't it great having wonderful friends and family?!
Because of taking time off, I didn't get a chance to tell you what I think (and have found) about some 'newish' products. As many of you know, I'm a BIG fan of the Scor-it board. For wonderful accurate scoring, both the Scor-it board and scor-it mini do the trick, with deep, letterpress quality scores. But, I've been waiting for them to come up with a way to make accurate 'diamond' patterns as well as other 'patterns' made out of scores. I could do it, but it took a lot of 'finaigling' to get 'points' to meet as well as to make sure everything was measured accurately and 'the same'.....
Well, Scor-it has come out with a wonderful sliding ruler that makes that possible! The Scor-it-Sliding Ruler clips onto your Scor-it board, (works with both metric and imperial measurement Scor-it Boards) and makes making grids, diamond designs, etc much easier and faster! The Ruler is made of metal, not plastic, so should last for many, many years of use without breaking or wearing out! I love my Scor-it board and use it all the time, this makes using it to make various designs and grids much faster! I've got them in stock, they can be seen in my online catalog (please email to order)
As many of you know, I've been having a heck of a time over the past few months keeping Tim Holtz GrungePaper in stock. It sells out as soon as it comes in!!...I have had another shipment come in, so those of you who've been waiting for it, in case I haven't emailed you (I think I emailed everyone to tell them it was in)....it's here. Email me to order. Because the GrungePaper is thinner than Grungeboard, it can be run through your Big Shot, Cuttlebug, and other personal die cutting machines, then inked, painted, etc and Shaped!!! We saw a great example of that at Tim Holtz's Twelve Tags of Christmas last month! Beautiful flowers were created using GrungePaper and die cutting machine with Tattered Angels Sprays and Ranger's products. (If you didn't get a chance to see Tim's Twelve Tags of Christmas, please check out his blog). He's taught some great techniques! GrungePaper comes in 12 x 12" sheets, three per package. They can be seen in my online catalog in Tim Holtz Products category on Page 4.

We've also gotten the Tiny Attachers and refill packages back in stock. These have been another great seller. These tiny staples are the tiniest I've ever seen. At about 0.26" they are perfect for attaching embellishments, ribbons, etc to your projects, even the smaller ones, without it looking 'out of kilter'....it's hard to find items small enough sometimes to decorate smaller projects.....or ways to attach these smaller items, when glue sometimes isn't an option.
I know many paper crafters use the 'regular' size staples on their projects, but when I tried them on mine, they just seemed too big. It's probably 'just me' as the saying goes....but I didn't like them that big. Now, nice and tiny, that I like!!
More Tim Holtz Stamps have also arrived. These stamps made by Stamper's Anonymous are always popular! They're deeply etched, made of dense red rubber and mounted to EZ mount cling cushion. They come with their own laminated Index sheet for storage....all ready to go!

We've finally gotten in the Tim Holtz 'Blank' Mask Sheets. These come with great instructions, (which I wish all products did). They're super easy to use, and can be re-used over and over!. What's great about these, is besides stamping on them, and having a clear sheet to put over the area you want to mask (you can see exactly where you are putting it) and cutting to use as a mask, you can also run these masks through your Cuttlebug, Big Shot or whatever personal die cutting machine that you own....and they come with thier own storage sheets!!! what else can you want??!! I sell other masking products, and this is one of the best!! I've had so many gals tell me how much they love them. (that's how I judge whether something is good or not.....what do people who buy them tell me after they use them?.....are they easy to use? Do they work well??? And the biggie....would you buy it again?!)....If the answer is yes, Then I'll promote the product....
To see all of the Tim Holtz Products that we have in stock, please visit our online catalog and click on 'Tim Holtz Products' at the left hand side of the screen. The Distressed inks, Distressed Embossing powders, etc can be found in the Inks and Embossing Powders sections of the online Catalog. Don't forget to always check the left hand side of the screen in ALL categories, as I've broken down all the categories into smaller ones, so it is easier to find whatever you are looking for!
I know many of us are 'Christmased' out..(is that a word?)......But, this past December, after enjoying the Spellbinders, Sizzix and Cuttlebug products (I certainly wouldn't get as many cards out if I didn't use them) I started looking more into the Sizzix dies, Texturz plates and Embossing folders.....I was impressed at what I saw!.....(I've brought in other Sizzix dies in the past couple of years, and loved them, but I haven't spent as much time looking at them as I have the Spellbinders and Cuttlebug embossing dies.)So impressed that I bought a couple to try. When they came I was very impressed. The one die set I purchased (I love the fact that I can buy in sets, and the 'sizes' coordinate and can be used together) I just LOVE them!! Here is one of the Sizzix die sets that I brought in, I really like the shape of the ornament with the bow, the Reindeer and the Merry Christmas Script....and to get them all together in one set....perfect....I don't know about you, but I always seem to only like a few of 'any' set I buy....and dislike some of them...this didn't happen with this set. I brought in several of this set, because I liked them so much, and have ONE left. If you are interested on purchasing the last one I have, please email me.
Speaking of Embossing dies, or dies, what I've started doing is, running dies through my Cuttlebug embossing folders, or Sizzix embossing folders/texturz plates so they have a nice texture to them......and they've turned out so nice. Just because you've run your cardstock through a die and cut them, you don't have to stop there.......Unfortunately I wasn't thinking 'fast enough', and I sent out the cards with those embossed die cuts that I did, without taking pictures; or I could have posted how great they turned out.

I had planned on posting more, telling you about Spellbinders new releases planned for CHA in Anaheim at the end of January, but I have to be honest, I've had the TV going while I'm typing my post. I'm hearing about the tragedy in Haiti. Missing people, Found People (thank the Lord) and herculean efforts by everyday people, trying to help and save their neighbor, whether they be friend or stranger. Like millions of others, am watching CNN's reports on the tragedy that is playing out in Haiti. The devastation, the heartbreaking news, as well as each little miracle that is occuring there is in the forefront of my mind. How can things be so 'normal' here, and yet so 'terrible' (and that's an understatement) there? Families in USA, Canada, and other countries as well as Haiti are being effected by this horrible tragedy....I pray that the Lord gives strength to the people of Haiti, and also the many hundreds of people from other countries who are trying to help save the lives of people caught in the devastation that this earthquake has caused.

I will be posting about the new Spellbinders releases that we'll be looking forward to happening at the end of the month at CHA in Anaheim within the next day or two. I will be taking pre-orders for the Spellbinders New releases. To see all of them now (they weren't all shown in the Blog Party)...and I think some of the nicest ones weren't shown .....Check out my online catalog, Integrity Designs Online Catalog 'Spellbinders New Releases 2010' (which can be found at the left side of the screen) .....I will be taking pre-orders (to make sure I order enough from my Canadian Spellbinder Distributor) Many of the new releases are Limited Time Editions, and will not be available after May 31, 2010, so I want to make sure I order enough right away.
Thank you so much for visiting,
Have a wonderful day

No comments: